Friday, December 12, 2008

It Hurt Me

Her Bday was abt 2-3 days away, i'd tot of a few options as to wat i'd make for her(usaualy i make custom made chalk model/art for my close ones... though rescently i've been made to skip a couple of friend's bday cos of my personal schedule i've made it a point tat though there is a delay, i'd gift a personal hand made artifact to express hw much he/she means to me...) and it was night abt 8 pm , and i was as ussual online , doing my stuff.. research and also chatting!

she was online and i started chatting wit her....i candidly persuaded her to answer my question.....
i asked her she remembers d thing i made for her d last year....

last year, nite b4 her bday, i was sitting with my gadgets besides me.... 2 sizes of safety pin, a blade acompanied by newspaper and a set of chalks to choose from.... i started late that night as i do most of times, may be at abt stroke of midnight.... wondering what i will do...

i try not to repeat my prev TYPE of art, trying to invent a new thing each time... hoping to bettr every time....

Why not make a Helix i tot! with chalk
my mother saw me with the lights on with my tools, she asked... "whoose bday is it tom,son?"

i told her, i was trying to make a helix , one half of DNA, like d fancy staircases, which goes swirling , coiling around itself, giving an illusionary effect!

she said, when u r done ... wake me up and show it to me! i always do.... :)

well, this helix was the first time i was attempting to do, tough confidence was less, determination was der... that i'd to express myself to her.. my friend .. for 'm not very good at words or typing personalised text messages... at tat time i din have a mobile either :P

making of helix involves carving a vertical hole inside a chalk and then carving out the non required parts whicle keeping the shape of the structure! in plane terms........ it not simple!

i eventually pulled it off barring off minor hiccups.... was satisfied wit my efort, the next day morn, paked it in a small box and gave it to her in d class in d break.... she seemed happy , that inturn made me feel good....

but this day, i gave her a hundred hints ... and sadly she din remember wat it was..... probably she had lost it somewhr down d line..................

once, while chatting with a wellwisher of mine, i'd shown some pics of d stuff i'd done...
and also told her that i din have any of it with me, i'd gifted all of them to my dear ones...


she said...
"I hope your friends appreciate the passion with which you have carved the chalk sculpture for them."


i'd said, I think They do ...


but the day i heard the reply from her.... i've had few doubts... since that day, 'm not finding the interest or the passion to sit in front of the chalk and do my stuff!

i was Hurt that day when i heard ," I dont Remember"

i plead, someone pls prove me wrong!


4 comments:

Kshama said...

I hope you are continuing the art form that you possess. It is not the appreciation from elsewhere that should drive you to work, because it is not permanent, it is the passion from within that will take you a long way. I would love to see all your artworks some time!!

Unknown said...

really i like this one...
typically varun:-)

Varun M Deshpande said...

@kshama yes ,by the drift of time and tots... i ve realised wat u r tellin is rite.... i ve started once again wit d same passion and enthusiasm.... i wish to better my work each time, wil tr to better myself evry time :) thnks akka for ur precious words :)

Varun M Deshpande said...

@reshma typical ?? :)ofcourse i wrote it ... lol :-D